Helping your son or daughter enjoy the game of golf can be quite rewarding. Although golf may seem to some as an uptight, only for the rich type of sport, things have changed in recent years. The emergence of Tiger Woods in the late 90’s made golf cool, and kids from the rich suburbs to the inner cities are falling in love with the great game.
One of the most important parts of the game of golf is practice. It is unlike other sports where athletic kids can simply get on the field, understand a few rules or techniques, and then just start playing. In the game of golf, there are fundamental body movements that must be made in order to align the club face with the golf ball. A minimal miss of the club face with the ball can result in a shot being offline by a hundred yards or more.
Creating The Proper Space In Your Yard For Golf Training
Like many things in life, the game of golf all boils down to the important 20% of the game. You can get by being “OK” on the other 80%, but if you really want to be successful, you have to hone in your skills on the critical 20% which in golf is chipping and putting.
If you want your child to enjoy the game of golf, you will find that they do it much easier when they are successful. Sure, kids love to swing as hard as they can and watch the ball fly far in the air, but chipping and putting is where they will get the most satisfaction. Best of all, you can set it all up in your back yard and have them enjoying the game tomorrow.
Tools Needed For Creating An Outdoor Training Space
To make things super simple, we want to give you a few essential items you will need in order to set up your golf training area. You want to buy a dozen of restricted flight golf balls. You want to get a pitching wedge, a 8 or 9 iron, and you want to have some sort of target. Ideally, you want to have your child work on hitting the ball straight and hitting it close to the target. Don’t worry, they will find this activity to be both challenging and entertaining. It is difficult to do, and you can see progress after some time practicing.
As your child learns to swing the golf club and advance the ball, you can slowly start introducing different types of shots and different types of training aids. One that we love for juniors and can be used in the space in your back yard is The ProZone golf swing trainer. It is the most effective and practical golf aid you will find, and will teach your junior golfer quickly and easily how to hit a golf ball.
The other tool we love is right in front of you. YouTube has some of the best golf lessons online, and you can learn everything from hitting a driver to hitting draws and cuts as your golfer progresses. Since we mentioned how good the ProZone is, we thought you would enjoy learning a little more about it.
Stop wasting space in your backyard, teach your child a game that they can play for the rest of their life, and develop a skill that they will want to perfect for a lifetime.